Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Deconstructing blocks... One doodle at a time


Yeah, that's an elephant up there. And let me tell you. It's awesome. I'm gonna stick it on a t-shirt.

You know why?

Is there something you'd love to do, be able to do or achieve? I'm sure there is. We all have at least one goal we think we try really hard to reach but never quite do. Most of us have several. Anybody else out there want to lose weight and be happy in their job? Yeah thought so. :)

So what the heck does that have to do with an elephant doodle?

I have a goal of my own and the block to go with it. It's always there, looming in the background. My personal elephant in the room: I am an artist by profession, a 3D artist and I am really unhappy with my drawing skills. I want to feel confident when drawing. I am everything but, so I take for ever to draw something I feel comfortable showing.

The solution: practise. Draw something every day. Even if it sucks. That is the hard part... Facing the suck. This I'd what makes me fail the most often, I'd rather not draw than draw something I am not happy with. So I put it off and voilĂ , I'm still at square one, know the feeling?
So I'm going to draw, even if it's a 5min doodle. Every day for a month. And I'll post. We'll see where my little challenge will get me.

So here goes... See elephant above. I am nowhere near a computer today, I'm sitting in a car right now. But I can't afford to put it off. It'll be easier soon, I got a wacom for Xmas. I intend to use and abuse it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment