Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventure of a Z-Brush Virgin

I think I must have installed Z-Brush over 10 times planning to learn how to use it. I played around with it a bit but never really got to doing any tutorials.

My class's week 2 assignment was all in Zbrush... ouch. I figured I'd just learn as I went along. As usual. Well...
That worked out, kinda. There are still a TON of things I don't understand. Methods I need to learn so that I don't waste time starting over and over again. Heck I am not even sure I am saving my files the right way.
But here is the result. Week 2, 75% accomplished:





Seriously, when I compare this to what I was doing yesterday, as in making dents in a Zsphere, I'd give myself an achievement. I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now :) Although I am certain I will look back on this model in 6 months and go.... oh nooooooo.

I wish I had a way of getting that lion a little flatter. I know the flatten tool, but it's not regular enough for my taste. Oh well. I'll keep looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment