Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Munnies!!

I am totally into painting/sculpting Munnies at the moment! I love making toys... it's awesome fun and you are really free to explore any style possible. As I always have a hard time sticking to one type of style unless I am paid to do so :P Exploring is so much more FUN!

Right now I am working on a 8inch Munny with sculpted features and a small one that will probably end up being some sort of Cthulu. At least that is the idea I am running with for now.
 

Munny #3


Made this one for B. It's a retarded version of our cat, with Insectosaurus eyes from Monsters vs Aliens.  He looks great when he's looking at you from the side! 
It's my first attempt at sculpting onto a Munny (in this case Trikky) and I used Mighty Putty. Yeah, don't use that. I was really a pain and refused to harden evenly so it came out all rough when I tried to sand it. Yikes! 5 coats of white paint helped a bit, but luckily the style allows for a little textural freedom. 

Munny #1 

I did this one (as also Munny #2, who I don,t have a picture of), for a friend.  This was my very first attempt at a custom Munny. :) I had a blast!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment