Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life is WIP


Didn't have any time to draw today, just barely managed to squeeze 20min in, so here is my w.i.p. I am trying out a technique I saw on a blog yesterday. Normally it was to make an axe, but I've had this voodoo bottle spooking around in my head for a bit so I decided to take the tutorial a step further. As usual I hit a snag (the glass effect) but I think I've got the right direction now, so to be continued tomorrow.

Thought of the day...

I recently read this guys blog entry that ends with him stating how he intends to be somebody completely different in 5 years. It,s an interesting thought, so I hope to call him on it one day. Yay for the internets.

Regardless.

It made me think about how many people I know will often chalk up status quo to "That is just the way I am."

"I don't sleep enough, but that is the way I am."
"I don't read enough, but that is the way I am."
"I often talk without thinking, but that is the way I am."
"I don't like trying new foods, but that is the way I am."

etc etc etc

After consideration, I think this is a very rigid frame of mind. And why are you holding onto that anchor of wannabe goals as if it's the most awesome thing about you?
As if saying that exploring other ways of thinking or acting automatically puts a huge red exclamation mark of imperfection above your head ?

Guess what! If you do change something from time to time, you'll be just as imperfect when you get there as you were when you started off! :) You're doomed to being w.i.p. all your life !! So why just sit on your ass and watch the other peeps having interesting lives?

Because you're awesome and we love you the way you are... sure... I bet you believe it ever since Mom told you so.

So how about we take those balls (or in my case the imaginary ones) and change one thing... you'll be different... and different is interesting. Different is out of your comfort zone. Different is stimulating. Different is rich and varied. Different brings something new to the table. And that is always good, if for nothing else, for the silver lining.

Don't waste your time on trying to be different from others... you are already born that way. Be different from who you were yesterday. Evolve. Or wave when the parade goes by. Your choice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment