Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally a pad!



Decidedly I have a hard time with pencils. That might be something to address at some point, but right now I don't feel like spreading myself too thin. I LOVE drawing with a pad, so that's what it's going to be for now.

It's my first day back to work and I had to move to join the team on my new project. I lost my nice window, but I am closer to the fancy coffee machine (groovy!), the game room (I can hear people playing all day) and the candy bar machine with all it's bright blinking lights. No danger there, thankfully, I kicked that habit a long time ago.

I am going to do some research later on how best to focus my drawing efforts in order to get the most progress out of it. If it means drawing the same damn apple 50 times... oh well... I promise, I won't post them all!!

PS I was just up on the second floor, I LOVE it there!! First of all it's dark. All the desks are covered in snazzy black plastic hardware like cintiq pads and huge glowing screens making it look like some sort of spaceship! The walls are covered in amazing concept art that get you drooling over the game without even knowing how it plays. Lastly you come across random things like a half a formula 1 car or play test stations with couches in the halls. I need to figure out how to make my workspace more like that... it's so inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment